Vintage Knitting, Retro Dressmaking, Make do and Mend, Original and Vintage Inspired Knitting Patterns, Vintage Inspired books

Monday, January 01, 2007

A bit of a blur


This is a sirdar pattern using their Blur yarn, a mohair, acrylic mix. Love the zig zag pattern, love the colours, love the jacket, except its huge! Enormously oversized in fact. The pattern dimensions aren't very clear and the final size for this jacket, which is for a 38/40 inch chest is about 54 inches. The drop shoulder is at my elbow and the sleeve starts at my waist. So if you would like to knit this one definately knit a size smaller than you normally would. I was really disappointed when I first put it on. But I've since paired it with a big copper coloured belt and turned the sleeves up(still a bit annoying) and everyone who's seen it on thinks it looks great. So I'll keep wearing it for now. One thing it has washed really well.

No comments :