Vintage Knitting, Retro Dressmaking, Make do and Mend, Original and Vintage Inspired Knitting Patterns, Vintage Inspired books

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

As Robert Plant would say

.... been a long time, been a long time, been a long........

I have been frantically trying to catch up on a million things I am behind with. As usual the neck and shoulder were responsible for the delay but this time, nasty nasty painkillers really messed me up, causing me problems with vision, speech and thinking straight, so as a result I got behind.

For those of you who are waiting for the next issue of knitonthenet to appear, the above is a lot to blame for the problem. However, I am really, really thrilled with the designs I've got going in this issue. One of the yarns I've used is Bowmont Braf which has been featured in knitonthenet and will be available at Wonderwool Wales on 26th and 27th April. I know there is limited supply of the yarn as they only have a relatively small flock of this specially bred sheep breed. If you're going to Wonderwool I would grab it. Its a pure wool 4ply and has a slightly felted finish to it. I'm hoping there might even be some posters of my design up on their stand which will be rather cool.

Will have to go as the backlog of pattern writing, checking, typing, more checking etc is calling me.

for now
Ruby xx

1 comment :

Lauren Hairston said...

Welcome back! I hope you're feeling better and I can't wait to see your new designs!