Vintage Knitting, Retro Dressmaking, Make do and Mend, Original and Vintage Inspired Knitting Patterns, Vintage Inspired books

Monday, November 30, 2009

Vintage Christmas Knits can now be pre-ordered!

I am so excited about the launch of this mini collection. The booklet contains 16 glamorous yet practical knits for the christmas season and those chilly months beyond. Inspired and adapted from patterns of the 1900s to the 1950s. All the projects can be knitted as gifts or for yourself. Would you like a look at the cover? I haven't stopped looking at it since last night and even dreamt about it when I did fall asleep!



It is very much inspired by and evokes the styling of Stitchcraft and my other favourite, Needlework illustrated. The cover features our mystery knitting project with its companions. The design knitted in 4 ply alpaca is called Hugs and Kisses and includes the Dutch Bonnet already featured, a luxuriously soft and squidgy scarf and snug little mittens. The mittens and bonnet are both multi sized and include a child's fit.




Other projects include: The Perfect Christmas Jumper, Child's dressing gown, hot water bottle cover! tea cosy, motoring hood, fair isle gloves, victorian stockings, simple corsage, bed socks, the most beautiful bed jacket, slippers, cape and a cuddly toy!


It can now be pre-ordered by following the links on the blog or via ravelry (ravelry links will be added to the post and the blog as they become live). Each pattern can be purchased individually as a PDF download for £3.00 as they become available or the book can be pre-ordered as either a print or a PDF version. The printed booklet costs £14 (+ shipping) and the e-book version £10. PLEASE NOTE PURCHASERS OF THE PRINTED OR E-BOOK VERSIONS OF THE BOOKLET WILL RECEIVE PDF PATTERNS AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE SO THAT THEY CAN GET STARTED ON THEIR CHRISTMAS KNITTING! The booklet should be despatched around the 14th of December.

All pre-orders of the print version will receive a signed copy.

Here is a glimpse of the lovely Charlie wearing her own Perfect Christmas Jumper.



Very obviously influenced by the 40s, this festive sweater has T shaped sleeve heads to create that fabulously boxy line. Body length is short and fitted but the pattern includes advice to get the right length. The christmas trees are knitted using fair isle technique and the reindeer a mix of fair isle and intarsia. The pattern uses 4 ply yarn.





The back features a neat little button band with pretty, decorative vintage buttons. Charlie is off to feed the chickens in her land girl dungarees. The pattern is available for a young teen upwards.

Hugs and Kisses and The Perfect Christmas Jumper will both be available for purchase as downloads over the next 48 hours.

I do hope you enjoy the collection. I think it has projects you can knit as gifts all year round and I hope you think so too.

You can pre-order your signed copy of Vintage Christmas Knits here.

13 comments :

Woolly Wormhead said...

I absolutely *love* the cover! You've got the styling and feel for the era spot on. I hope it does well - am sure anyone with a love of vintage knits will be itching to get their hands on a copy!

alabama whirly said...

I have to have a perfect christmas jumper, I am beside myself with love for it : )

Anonymous said...

Looks gorgeous, lovely photos as well.

Rhian said...

The cover looks wonderful, and has such an authentic vintage feel! The jumper is very sweet and very tempting (and I never thought I would say that about a Christmas jumper...).

Gudrun Johnston said...

Looks great! Wonderful photography and styling!

Unknown said...

You´ve been so busy, I can tell and iut looks gorgeous. Charlie prettier everyday.

claire montgomerie said...

well done you! The pics are great, the knits even better, I love it so much, I want one even though i will never get time to make anything from it! love the vibrance of the colours. mmmm...

Anita www.champagnebohemian.com said...

Have ordered my copy - can't wait to see it! The Christmas jumper is lovely and Charlie looks gorgeous.

Linda said...

That looks fab, I love the cover too! You work so hard thinking up all these wonderful designs.

Elisabeth said...

Wow, I just love your designs in this book. Now, I just need to check out my Christmas wishlist and put this on it--methinks it will go nicely in my Christmas stocking (I can put my own purchases in there, can't I?)
Happy Christmas!

teacakebiscuit said...

I love that red sweater! It's a classic :)

Unknown said...

I think I "sold" a few of your books yesterday. I had Stitch in time picked up in my library, then I showed the Christmas vintage Knits on the computer: a lot of excitement !

Tine said...

bonjour
je suis fan de swing et vos créations vintage en tricot me plaisent beaucoup, surtout ce pull rouge de noël qui rappelle mon enfance,
j'ai acheté votre merveilleux livre et écris un billet à ce sujet
merci pour cet art du tricot rétro
je ne suis pas bilingue mais je vais essayer
Tine, de Paris
http://latelier-de-tine.fr (zakka)
http://pixelle.info (danse)